Access Wi-Fi and Mobile Hotspots
Wi-Fi: Access to wireless internet is available at each Blackwater Regional Library location – 24/7, free of charge, from inside or outside of the building. Patrons should choose the “BRL Guest” network; no password required.
Mobile Hotspots: Check out the Internet with Blackwater Regional Library’s Mobile Hotspot Lending Program! Call or visit your local branch to place a hold on a hotspot, holds cannot be placed online for hotspots.
Checkout Period: 14 days
Renewals: Renew up to three (3) times if no one else is waiting
Holds: You must place a hold in person at the library or over the phone
- One Mobile Hotspot per household at a time
- Coverage depends on the Verizon network so location of the Mobile Hotspot and congestion of the network may affect user experience
- Connect up to fifteen (15) devices to the Mobile Hotspot
- Mobile Hotspots are available for checkout by those 18 years of age or older with a valid Blackwater Regional Library card in good standing
- Mobile Hotspots must be returned to any Blackwater Regional Library location, including the Outreach Services Vehicle (Library2Go!). They may not be returned in any Book Drops.
- Overdue Mobile Hotspots will be disabled after 24 hours if the Mobile Hotspot is not renewed or returned to the library
- Use of the Mobile Hotspot is subject to the Terms of the Blackwater Regional Library Internet Use Policy
- Parents/guardians are responsible for the use of the Mobile Hotspot by minors
- Mobile Hotspots are not filtered, and it is the user’s responsibility to use the device in a responsible manner, consistent with the educational and informational purpose for which it is provided, and not for any unauthorized, unethical or illegal purposes
- Any attempt to alter data or the configuration of the Mobile Hotspot is strictly prohibited and may be considered an act of vandalism and subject to full replacement cost value
- The library reserves the right to rescind privileges for the checkout of items if these guidelines are not followed
- Blackwater Regional Library is not responsible for personal information shared over the Internet or for information and websites accessed using the device, or any misuse, harm or any other result due to the use of the Mobile Hotspot
- Mobile Hotspots are completely free to borrow!
- The following fees apply to the Mobile Hotspots:
|Overdue fine, per day||$0.25|
|Replacement Fee for Mobile Hotspot||$30|
|Replacement Fee for charger OR packaging||$5|
|Processing Fee for Lost Hotspots||$10|
|Fee for returning into Book Drop||$10|
Mobile Hotspots are considered library materials and are subject to all applicable policies and procedures governing them.