Summer Reading Program
Thank you so much for your interest in our summer reading program at Blackwater Regional Library. We have so much fun planned for you this summer! Below are a few simple instructions which will help you understand the program, and to help you get the most out of your visits to the library each week.
The 2017 Summer Reading Program will run June 26 – August 5! Click here for a list of all events happening this Summer.
Our Summer Reading Program is based on age; we offer separate programs for children, teens, and adults.
Children and Teens (ages 0-17):
- At registration, children/teens will be given a punch card which will be used to track weekly reading achievements and to receive weekly incentives. This is the only punch card you will receive so please be careful and do not lose it!
- To fully complete the program, each participant must fulfill at least 4 weeks of the 6-week punch card.
- To receive a punch on your punch card: check-out the required number of books and present your punch card at the time of the transaction (example: a kids’ picture book participant must check out 10 books per visit to have their card punched). ***Punch cards will only be punched at the time of check-out.
- Incentives will be awarded to picture book and kids’ chapter book readers weekly as check-out requirements are met. Each participating child will only be given one incentive per week.
- A weekly prize drawing will be held for teens who visit the library to check out books and meet weekly requirements. Teens will be given a slip to enter into the weekly drawings as their reading requirements are met.
- All summer readers are encouraged to return their punch card to the library to be entered into the grand prize drawing held at the end of the program (your name and telephone number should be written on the back of the punch card to be entered into the grand prize drawing).
Adults (18 and over):
- Fill out a short entry form for every book you read during the 6-week period of Summer Reading. These forms can be found at the front desk of every branch of Blackwater Regional Library.
- OR you may enter online from our Facebook page – check for the posting that says “Week 1/2/3… Summer Reading” and comment with your name, branch of the library you use the most, and a short blurb about the book.
- Every entry will be placed into a weekly drawing for a Walmart gift card, and again for the grand prize drawing of an Amazon Kindle Fire HD!